pivot-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme Serré <jerome.michel.se...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:40:29 GMT
No, I do not have any specific questions about java 9 and browsers. I just
wanted to know what your plans were.

Thank you for all these clarifications, which answer my questions.

Jerome

From: Roger and Beth Whitcomb [mailto:RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com]
Sent: mardi 13 juin 2017 16:10
To: user@pivot.apache.org; dev@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upcoming 2.0.5 release

Hi Jérôme,

    So far since Java 9 is not released yet, and the plans for the module
system are still going through the JSR approval process (see:
https://jaxenter.com/jigsaw-vote-java-9-interview-134091.html), I haven't
tried to address anything with Java 9 yet.  I have run our own large Pivot
application with a very early release of Java 9 (without the module system)
and it worked fine.  Do you have specifics of things that don't work or you
think need enhancement?

    As far as browser support goes ..... That would be entirely on Oracle's
side.  There is absolutely nothing we could do without Java support for
something other than the older browser plugin.  But see here that this will
be deprecated in Java 9:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml  I have tested and Java
Web Start still works with Pivot, so that is one option we still have....
Some browsers still work (Safari if you enable it, Firefox if you jump
through hoops, Internet Explorer (but not Edge)).  Do you have other
specific questions?

Thanks,
~Roger