pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger and Beth Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Upcoming 2.0.5 release
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:10:12 GMT
Hi Jérôme,

     So far since Java 9 is not released yet, and the plans for the
module system are still going through the JSR approval process (see:
https://jaxenter.com/jigsaw-vote-java-9-interview-134091.html), I
haven't tried to address anything with Java 9 yet.  I have run our own
large Pivot application with a very early release of Java 9 (without the
module system) and it worked fine.  Do you have specifics of things that
don't work or you think need enhancement?

     As far as browser support goes ..... That would be entirely on
Oracle's side.  There is absolutely nothing we could do without Java
support for something other than the older browser plugin. But see here
that this will be deprecated in Java 9:
https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/jdk9_plugin.xml I have tested and
Java Web Start still works with Pivot, so that is one option we still
have....  Some browsers still work (Safari if you enable it, Firefox if
you jump through hoops, Internet Explorer (but not Edge)).  Do you have
other specific questions?

Thanks,
~Roger