plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject How about documenting more?
Date Mon, 04 May 2020 15:30:07 GMT
Hi all,

I just wanted to help someone, who asked me: “How can I read from an OPC UA device?” and
I had to look into the source-code to answer the questions.
It would be great if someone working on a driver could also find some time to write the pretty
simple documentations we have on the user-page.

Right now the following drivers are missing documentation:

  *   AB-ETH

-          ADS/AMS (Actually the content there is completely not what should be there)
-          BACnet/IP
-          DeltaV
-          DF1
-          EtherNet/IP
-          KNXnet/IP
-          OPC UA
-          Simulated
(As references please have a look at: S7, Firmata, Modbus)

Also I think it would be great if we could also start documenting the integrations as well
as our tools (OPM, Connection Pool, Scraper)

So if you folks have a few cycles left over, would be super cool if we could improve here.

Chris