plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Feinauer <j.feina...@pragmaticminds.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 RC1
Date Tue, 19 May 2020 06:40:10 GMT
Hi,

I would ship the RC as I fully agree with your argumentation.
My opinion.

Julian

Am 19.05.20, 08:20 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de>:

    Hi all,

    so I tracked down the problem Otto found.

    It seems that the setting we are using in surefire and failsafe to allow illegal access,
is unknown to Java 8.
    The strange thing is that we have this setting in all modules and only in the mspec module
it seems to be causing problems.
    I moved the setting into a self-activating profile that enables itself for java 9 and
higher. Now I can build with Java 8.

    So in the future this problem is solved.

    So now the question ... should we cancel the RC or continue?

    As this issue has absolutely no effect on the end-product and only occurs at build time
if using Java 8, I would feel comfortable with treating it as a documentation issue and just
release the next version 0.8.0 a lot sooner than 0.7.0.

    But I'll leave that up to you.

    Chris