plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Etienne Robinet <43...@etu.he2b.be>
Subject Re: Best Practices / Experiences from the field (Subscription/Polling for Data)
Date Thu, 14 May 2020 18:54:11 GMT
Hi Wolfgang,
I was working quite a bit with data polling using PLC4X. I used it with Camel Routes and right
now I’m trying to implement Triggers for it, and schedulded polling.
Fastes poll I heard that was used during my internship was 100ms. But often is more 1s or
even more.

BR,
Etienne

> Le 14 mai 2020 à 19:00, Wolfgang Huse <wolfgang.huse@nutanix.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
> maybe you could share some experiences from realworld-use-cases how to work with PLC4x
?
> If I am looking for gathering as detailed as possible Data from Machines… what would
be first choice ? Subcription for ChangedValues ? Active Polling ?

> What is an interval which is usable in real world for polling ? 100ms, 10ms ?
>
> I know that these are also quite machine/protocol specific questions but it would be
interesting to learn what numbers could be achieved by using PLC4x ?