plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [DRAFT] [ANNOUNCE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 Released!
Date Mon, 25 May 2020 07:50:45 GMT
The Apache PLC4X team is pleased to announce the release of Apache PLC4X 0.7.0

PLC4X is a set of libraries for communicating with industrial programmable
logic controllers (PLCs) using a variety of protocols but with a shared API.
This is the last release of PLC4X with the "handwritten" drivers.
This Minor release will thus receive updates and fixes until
most users have switched to 0.7 and above (with generated drivers).

This is probably the biggest release we had so far. It marks a milestone in providing
Driver implementations for multiple target languages, as with this release all
existing drivers have been deleted and replaced by new generated drivers.
We also took the opportunity to fix some of the problems we noticed on the
old drivers.

However we suggest to update with caution and not instantly go into production
without previously testing. As with all new things, even if we did a serious amount
of testing, there might be issues hidden in the details. If you should find any
regression issues, please report them as we are planning on speeding up the release-
train significantly with this release. For the time being the 0.6.0 branch will continue
to be maintained until feedback from the community makes us feel safe with
focusing solely on the new drivers.

Regards,
The Apache PLC4X team

[1] http://plc4x.apache.org<http://plc4x.apache.org/>