plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Add better PLC4X-API support for Input Dialogs
Date Fri, 29 May 2020 09:13:00 GMT
I fully agree that we need such a thing.

Chris

Am 29.05.20, 10:50 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi folks,

    this is an old Issue (see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PLC4X/API+Extension+for+1.0).
    What I generally would like to have is a way to communicate with the API / the Driver
without needing a Connection to e.g. „talk“ about the address input and probably also
the connection parameters.

    To give you an example, consider I want to have a mask where users could enter their url
and address.
    It would be nice to get all available protocols

    Map<String, Driver> map = driverManager.getAllRegisteredProtocols()

    to show it in a drop down.
    When user selects one I could generate a form to enter all connection parameters

    driver.getConnectionParameters();

    And then, when he wants to enter a Field Address I could go on like that and could do
many things already with the Driver without hte need to have a Conneciton in Place already.
Like:

    driver.validate(„%DB.asdf“) <-- fails
    driver.getValidatingRegex() <-- Could be used in my forms

    or even get more detailed information, like an abstract address specification that I could
use to build a form.
    For S7 this could for example be

    List<AddressPart> driver.getAddressParts()

    which could be something like

    MemoryPart <- Enum-Like „DB, Q, I, ...“ and so on.

    Tob e clear: I ONLY want to extend the current API and not change anything setup. So all
APIs would stay in Place as is but this would help people who allow their users to input PLC4X
Informations like we do or e.g. Streampipes (thus, added as CC here).

    WDYT?

    Julian