plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From venki hadoop <hadoopons...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Exploring Plc4x
Date Mon, 18 May 2020 14:04:51 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *venki hadoop* <hadooponsite@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020
Subject: Exploring Plc4x
To: dev-subscribe@plc4x.apache.org
Cc: chtistofer.dutz@c-ware.de

Hello Everyone,
                 Am a big data/cloud architect working on analytics from
India. Was working in IOT industry since 2 years with different clients but
mostly on analytics side than machine side. Recently when exploring about
IIOT got to know about plc4x tool. Since then trying to explore and present
to larger audience in my company if it suits our requirements.
                                                               So what am
planning right now is :                                          Read
streaming data from siemens device and push it Kafka from there dashboard.
>From examples provided in documentation was able to easily correlate
pushing data into Kafka and afterwards.  But as I don't have any experience
it's hard to understand for me about the device configuration and
integrating with plc4x( I know this are basic plc questions, please bear me
with me for some time). Now in order to start my poc, I need fallowing
information. Can someone help me on this.          1. Any siemens plc
device simulator for poc?                       2. What configuration we
need and we have to check from plc side( assuming I have some temperature
kind of sensor).
                      3. How to point to plc output data from Kafka
connect?( Was confused with memory blocks, fields, etc in the code).

     I know this are very basic questions from plc side, but my no
experience with plc side make me hard to understand using Google.
                                               Last but not least, thanks
Christofer for introducing me for this platform and plc4x tool.
                                   Best Regards,