plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From "Strljic, Matthias Milan" <matthias.strl...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject AW: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?
Date Mon, 04 May 2020 10:30:31 GMT
Hi,

I would agree with Julian's position there and I think that this would further promote acceptance
in the industry.
After all, the field of automation protocols is a rather delicate area in which trust is an
essential point.

If this helps, I would also like to place my university institute or rather my employer (my
is such a big word :D ) as a user. But as Julian mentioned, I would only accept any entry
by PMC vote.

+1

Greetings

Mathi

________________________________
Von: Julian Feinauer <j.feinauer@pragmaticminds.de>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 30. April 2020 21:49:25
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Add a list of companies using PLC4X without links back?

Hi,

I think we have to differentiate.
If its just a "users" list or "powered by" list then its fine and PR is the way to go!

Before we discussed about "companies that offer products / services around PLC4X" which is
a different thing. Here, I still am convinced that we should always do it via PMC Vote to
really ensure that no one "sneaks" in or someone is embarrassed that he is not on the list
or whatever.

But I am +1 here (and would ofc place our logo there and get one or two of clients of us that
now run solutions powered by PLC4X)

Julian