plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Update the way we are doing the DataIo stuff
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:12:23 GMT
Hi Lukasz,

please just have a look at the KNX dataIo for example. Here we have a wide variety of  non-standard
datatypes,
which we map to the IEC types in the dataIo part ...

Ok ... in most cases a BOOL will be encoded as a single byte which is either 0 or 1,
but with the DataIo we have the opportunity to control how it's actually parsed and serialized.

Does that make sense?

Chris