plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject PlcValues ... especially the Bit-String types
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:44:26 GMT
Hi all,

I’m currently working on porting the PlcValues to Go and here just stumbled over something.
The PlcBYTE, PlcWORD, PlcDWORD seem to be integer values and not allow accessing the bool
values as bit-fields.
I know Ben is still working on his improvements … will this be covered here? Do you have
an ETA on when you’ll be able to finish your work?

Another Idea I had, was that we could add a getBitLength() and getBit(int bitIndex) methods
to the PlcValue. Booleans are sort of the only types where the Boolean length differs from
the length itself.

What do you think?

Chris