plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] Move the xml files for the parser/serializer tests and the driver integration tests into the protocol modules?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 09:38:13 GMT
Hi all,

currently the Java drivers are the only ones having support for the XML testsuites I built.
Now I would like to setup the same testsuite infrastructure for my PLC4Go drivers.

For that I would need the same XML test-definitions.

So I thought, and I think we discussed this at least on slack before, it would be cool to
move these test-definitions into the protocol modules.

This way we can define the mspecs and provide tests for the mspecs which are theoretically
runnable on all platforms in the same module.

So if we extend an mspec and add some additional test declarations, these should automatically
run in all languages we support.

What do you think?

Chris