plc4x-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christofer Dutz <>
Subject Re: [LAZY-CONSENSUS] Merging back my PLC4Go changes
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2020 21:35:08 GMT
Hi Otto,

I was generally thinking of merging my changes back to develop and keeping plc4go in the sandbox.

However I have learned, that the way go resolves dependencies, it would actually be better
to move it out.

I guess if I finish the testsuite and we actually have drivers, it's also valid to do so.


Am 27.10.20, 21:14 schrieb "Otto Fowler" <>:

     so, you are saying merge and put the go stuff out of sandbox?

    On October 27, 2020 at 12:36:10, Christofer Dutz (

    Hi Otto,

    some of the changes more have an effect on stuff outside the sandbox, as it
    might help remove most of the code for creating FieldHandlers (Which were a
    pain till now)


    Am 27.10.20, 16:35 schrieb "Otto Fowler" <>:

    Do you mean to develop but still in sandbox?

    On October 23, 2020 at 04:38:15, Christofer Dutz (


    Hi all,

    now that I have a read-only version of a PLC4Go Modbus driver ready, I
    would like to merge back all the stuff I did.

    As with every new language there are minor tweaks needed to get the code
    generated in all languages, I would like these changes back in develop asap
    in order to also keep the PLC4Py initiative in-sync.

    If there are no objections, I would do this on Monday.

    So please feel free to investigate the changes … currently these should be:

    * Some minor name changes in mspecs for protocols where names collide with
    go reserved names (function, error, …)
    * Enums now support string types as base-type
    * Stings no longer need the encoding in mspec (default is UTF-8)
    * Auto generated “valueOf” method were renamed to enumForValue as for Sting
    types enums the built-in valueOf(String) collided
    * Renamed the PlcString to PlcSTRING (to match the other types)
    * Moved the Unit-Test and Integration-Test xmls into the protocol modules
    (currently bundled in test-jars)
    * In S7 bumped some enum base-types to unsigned counterparts as the
    hex-values were sometimes out of range for a signed type (all languages
    except java)
    * Modbus: Switched the modbus mspec to use the new named types for DataIo
    instead of using constants (First step for a shared PlcValueHandler)

    Hope I got them all …

    If you find something that’s worth discussing … please do so. If no
    objections come in, I’ll merge it on Monday

    Have a nice weekend,


View raw message