plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LAZY-CONSENSUS] Merging back my PLC4Go changes
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2020 15:35:30 GMT
 Do you mean to develop but still in sandbox?

On October 23, 2020 at 04:38:15, Christofer Dutz (christofer.dutz@c-ware.de)
wrote:

Hi all,

now that I have a read-only version of a PLC4Go Modbus driver ready, I
would like to merge back all the stuff I did.

As with every new language there are minor tweaks needed to get the code
generated in all languages, I would like these changes back in develop asap
in order to also keep the PLC4Py initiative in-sync.

If there are no objections, I would do this on Monday.

So please feel free to investigate the changes … currently these should be:

* Some minor name changes in mspecs for protocols where names collide with
go reserved names (function, error, …)
* Enums now support string types as base-type
* Stings no longer need the encoding in mspec (default is UTF-8)
* Auto generated “valueOf” method were renamed to enumForValue as for Sting
types enums the built-in valueOf(String) collided
* Renamed the PlcString to PlcSTRING (to match the other types)
* Moved the Unit-Test and Integration-Test xmls into the protocol modules
(currently bundled in test-jars)
* In S7 bumped some enum base-types to unsigned counterparts as the
hex-values were sometimes out of range for a signed type (all languages
except java)
* Modbus: Switched the modbus mspec to use the new named types for DataIo
instead of using constants (First step for a shared PlcValueHandler)

Hope I got them all …

If you find something that’s worth discussing … please do so. If no
objections come in, I’ll merge it on Monday

Have a nice weekend,

Chris