plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move the xml files for the parser/serializer tests and the driver integration tests into the protocol modules?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2020 10:47:56 GMT
 +1

On October 14, 2020 at 05:38:26, Christofer Dutz (christofer.dutz@c-ware.de)
wrote:

Hi all,

currently the Java drivers are the only ones having support for the XML
testsuites I built.
Now I would like to setup the same testsuite infrastructure for my PLC4Go
drivers.

For that I would need the same XML test-definitions.

So I thought, and I think we discussed this at least on slack before, it
would be cool to move these test-definitions into the protocol modules.

This way we can define the mspecs and provide tests for the mspecs which
are theoretically runnable on all platforms in the same module.

So if we extend an mspec and add some additional test declarations, these
should automatically run in all languages we support.

What do you think?

Chris