plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject What needs to be done for the 0.8.0 release?
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2020 15:30:05 GMT
Hi all,

Having a look at the latest download stats, most people seem to be using 0.7.0 and I know
this version has a number of issues. We should concentrate on finishing what we’re working
on and ship 0.8.0.

I would like to finish the refactoring of the field handlers that I’ve been working on lately
and then I’d like to merge these changes back to develop.

Also would I like to release the modbus PLC4Go driver with the 0.8.0 … This way we have
something people could use and experiment with and give us feedback on the API.

In order to do so, I however would need to move PLC4go out of the sandbox. The reason for
this is, that in go, if you reference dependencies, you don’t reference binaries, but source-code
repos (mainly github)

So go would reference the plc4x github repo, a given tag in the git repo and then append a
path to that … if we move plc4go afterwards, this will break any application built with
a previous version. I’d like to avoid that.

What are your thoughts on this?

Chris