plc4x-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Doing some read-tests with S7
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2020 20:59:04 GMT
Hi all,

in order to have some good tests for the S7 protocol, I defined a lot of variables in one
of the data-blocks of one of my S7 devices.
I then created a little test program that should simply use this to read all sorts of types
of elements.
With these tests I found some things:

  *   In general all Bit-String operations, when reading arrays, produce lists of lists …
I think it would be cooler if for bit-strings they would return one large List
  *   STRING handling seems to be messed up again
  *   When reading a BOOL array, it seems the S7 only returns the first bit (I would have
expected it to send up to 8 bits in one byte and after that to add more bytes, but it’s
always just one and that always just contains the first bit) -> We need to translate BOOL-array
reads into bit-string operations which return partial lists.
  *   Reading of DATE_AND_TIME arrays seems to be messed up as only the first item is correct
and the succeeding elements are always “null”
  *   Reading of CHAR values seems messed up

I’ll be working on addressing this asap

Chris