poi-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Proposal: All DOCUMENTS TO UTF-8
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2003 18:31:39 GMT
Hello,

I think that some of current documents (e.g. news.xml, trans/es/*.xml)
have "ISO-8859-1" encoding style. However, my favorite text editor
can not read them properly (garbled chars) at the point of
"Umlauts" and "Ntildes" etc.

I want these particular letters to be converted into
"Unicode Escape Sequence Style" (\uxxxx).

Also, the header lines of the xmls,
 ->
 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Thirdly, I want the guideline of translations to be slightly
changed to be fit in these above.

Any thoughts?

If there's no objections, I think I can do this by myself.
(Just using "native2ascii" with codepage 1252)

Sincerely,

-- Tetsuya (tetsuya@apache.org)