poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tetsuya voted as POI committer
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:46:16 GMT
I'm not suggesting that I'm proposing to stop you from scratching your itch.
I'm suggesting if this is some evil thing that taps processor at 100% and
takes forever that it shant run on my sever.  I don't remember much about
it, but that I looked at it and thought "yuck" but that was some time ago.

I suggest this criteria be used for the project (my server = my criteria,
project = community criteria):

A. simple enough for a poi committer with little interest in forrest to
modify/configure
B. consistency (the thing should continue to work without care and feeding
for months if not years at a time)

If it doesn't run on my server than B becomes a more serious issue.  If it
runs on my server then my criteria is more serious (meaning I don't care if
it screws up someone else's server)

-Andy