poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Praveen Mathew" <prmat...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HDF status
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2003 11:55:28 GMT

Ryan,
             You are right.. Almost all the Doc files I opened the starting
32 bytes are the same and from the 96th byte to 512 its all "FFFF...."
Only difference being in the bytes between 32 & 96 ( from the  Doc files I
opened).
This may be the OLEStream which is comon to all the Ms Files.

Thanks & Regards
Praveen

Praveen Mathew
IBM Software Labs,Airport Road,
Bangalore - 560 017,India.
Ph : +91- 80 - 504 4609 (Direct)
       +91 - 80 - 5262355 Extn: 3609
Email: prmathew@in.ibm.com

                      "Ryan Ackley"

                      <sackley@cfl.rr.c        To:       "POI Developers List"

                      om>                       <poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org>

                                               cc:

                      06/04/03 05:12 PM        Subject:  Re: HDF status

                      Please respond to

                      "POI Developers

                      List"

Praveen,

You're not taking into account the OLE file format. The Word spec does not
go over that at all. OLE breaks the file into 512 byte blocks. Each stream,
"WordDocument", "1Table", "\005SummaryInformation", is made up of these
blocks. The blocks are not necessarily sequential.

Ryan