poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improving POIFS performance
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 05:49:39 GMT
On 10/8/03 9:05 PM, "Chris Nokleberg" <chris@sixlegs.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 02:31:37PM -0500, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>> So Glen said he should have time to help integrate it and sheppard it and
>> Chris as a committer.
>
> Sounds good, FYI there have been some bug fixes to the code since you
> had a look at it. Glen, if/when you need an updated set just let me know.
>
> BTW I am not an Apache committer but am pretty involved with a couple of
> open source projects, so hopefully as a sheep I will not be too unruly.

Sure, its not that you'll be unruly its:

A> Will you fit into this community
B> Do you understand apache rules/voting rules/etc
C> will you try and block our later powerpoint port or other similar
efforts.

C you've promised no and theoretically the voting rules say non-technical
objections are moot, but I want I dunno...if not unity than at least mutual
respect and peace.  I also want to make sure you stick around and its not a
"code dump"...I trust Glen's judgment almost totally...  (though I hold that
beer called "Foster's" against him... I hold the fact that they've given
alcohol to kangaroos and exported their urine to the rest of the world
against his people....I'm sorry but its just wrong)

>> Avik is going to help with the TNEF stuff.
>>
>> So I'll come clean.  I have a baby on the way and I'm on the road a whole
>> lot.  So its kind of hard to be the go to guy these days.  Things are kind
>> of determining their own priority.
>
> Congratulations :-)

Thanks!  Sorry it all makes me irresponsive if not down right flakey.  Well
anyhow, I'm secretly fairly private but I felt that I owed an
explanation...you POI people and 10,000 of our closest friends are the first
to know.

-Andy

> Chris

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.