poi-dev mailing list archives

From acoli...@apache.org
Subject Re: Leaving POI
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:06:49 GMT
Congratulations on your new job.  I would have liked to have found a way to
bring you on working on POI full-time, but the difficulty of the BSD license
with regards to commercial open source really got in our way.  Losing you is
a real loss to POI.  If I had it to do over again, POI would have been LGPL
or even GPL.

As you said, please do not answer questions on this list.  Please do not
contribute any code or patches.  It is important that the project remain
unencumbered by any legal agreements you may be bound to.

I'll always appreciate the work you did and am glad to have known you.

-Andy

PS.  The severe loss to POI cannot be understated and unless someone steps
up to the plate (volunteers) it will fall into disrepair.  Is anyone up to
the task?  We can train you on the finer art of bit-tweaking.
--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.