poi-dev mailing list archives

From avik.sengu...@itellix.com
Subject Re: Adding Hyperlink support to POI-HSSF...? (3)
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:51:20 GMT
Hey, this looks cool...

But should HyperlinkRecord be a CellValueRecordInterface? When you read in the
file, what record do you get at the cell.. an SSTRecord? Maybe the HLINK is
only indirectly linked to the cell? You'll probably just have to pore over
BiffViewer output to understand the semantics of this.. that's the only
way, as
Andy suggested earlier.

As far as implementing serialize, check our the other records... dont look at
SST, which is probably most complicated.. look at NumberRecord for simple,
Formula record for intermediate ..

Getsize... well, you will just have to count :) .. ie, add up the sizes of the
individual elements... and if you mess up the count, subsequent records will
not be read.. dont you just love the format :) !! Again, check formularecord
for a useful example.

HTH
-
Avik