poi-dev mailing list archives

From Amol Deshmukh <amol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FormulaEvaluator Partial Implementation
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 19:30:10 GMT

> ------- Additional Comments From avik@apache.org
2005-05-12
> 20:38 -------
> Another thought, on the tests... Why do you need
separate
> test methods/classes
> for each eval if you are directly reading it from
the excel

<snip/>

> That way,
> one method (with asserts in a loop) will test all
> functions/operators.

...because otherwise I wouldnt know which test failed
if even one test failed :)

Also this way we get more control over which tests we
want to carry out simply by specifying the required
classes in a testsuite like AllTests.java.

Effortwise it is not a big deal since I generated all
the classes using code generation (you didnt expect me

to /write/ all the test classes did you? :)

If there are suggestions to improve after you see the
test framework and the test cases, I'll be glad to
make
necessary changes...

Thanks and Regards,
~ amol