poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: DDF - EscherTextboxRecord
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 11:44:11 GMT
On Tue, 3 May 2005, Nick Burch wrote:
> Couple of issues with the current EscherTextboxRecord
> (msofbtClientTextbox, type 0xF00D) class:

Just thought of another one. Because EscherTextboxRecord contains host
records, not escher records, the serialize() method isn't much help.

I guess either we need to be able to zap in a block of bytes that
corresponds the host records already serialised (and have the escher
record update its size in the header as it writes out), or you'd have to
wrap all your host records up in fake escher records and set them as the
children.

Personally, I'd rather be able to serialise my own records, chuck them
into the DDF layer, and have the DDF layer just worry about having the
write size. Wrapping each host record in a fake DDF record and setting
them as the children of the textbox seems rather icky to me.

What to people think?

Nick