poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Writing unit tests for the powerpoint code
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 08:54:51 GMT
Hi All

I've been following the discussions on unit testing the formula code with
interest. I'm hoping to write some unit tests shortly for the powerpoint
code, but I'm not sure how best to go about it.

I can think of a few useful unit tests straight off. Things like ensuring
that a file gets read in and is then written out the same, checking that
records fine their children correctly, that sort of thing. I guess to do
these I'll need to knock up a few test ppt files to include with the
tests, but this shouldn't be too bad.

The main issue is that much of the hard work ATM is getting powerpoint to
like apparently valid files. How best should I handle a test that spits
out a file, but needs someone to copy it to windows, open up powerpoint,
and see if it likes the file?

Thanks
Nick