poi-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Fisher <dfis...@jmlafferty.com>
Subject Re: 3.0 release (and maven)
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:30:29 GMT
Hi Jörg,

I'm replying this to the poi-dev list as well as poi-user.

It seems that Nick (who is building the current POI 3.0 RC  
candidates) could use some help with Maven.

> http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=39977
> ------- Additional Comments From nick@torchbox.com  2007-04-10  
> 02:50 -------
> What do we need to change to fix this? (I'm not a maven user myself)
> The pom file is auto-generated by the maven-dist ant task, based on  
> a template
> that's in svn. Any patches to build.xml or the template poi.pom  
> appreciated :)

Are the guy? I hope so. A release would be sweet!

BTW - I would be helpful to the guys clearing bugs before release if  
anyone who has submitted a bug in bugzilla would test against RC3 and  
provide a result. If your bug is still there, and you have not  
already done so, please provide a test case.

I expect that large HSSF / lower memory impact is an RFE for 3,X or  
4.0. I have an idea (I'm sure that there are a few others) but I'm  
not talking about it until the 3.0 release is DONE!

Best Regards,

On Apr 17, 2007, at 2:29 PM, Jörg Hohwiller wrote:

> Hash: SHA1
> Hi there,
> everybody is waiting for the 3.0 release and everything in head
> is better than an almost 3 years old release. Anyways take the time  
> you
> need to have a release that you are happy with.
> I already migrated my project from 2.5.1-final-20040804 to 3.0-rc3  
> with good
> results. I did not see the point for binary incompatibility of HSSF  
> (was it
> UnicodeString instead of String as return-type? cant remember) but  
> that does not
> matter for me.
> The WordExtractor is also very useful and will allow me to kick out  
> tm-extractors.
> Are you planning to put the 3.0 release into the maven repository  
> as soon as it
> is out? I would be very pleased if this could happen quickly. If I  
> can help
> anyhow on this task, just let me know.
> Is there something to discuss, that could be done now rather than  
> after the
> release has been pulled out? E.g. if the goupId should change from  
> "poi" to
> "org.apache.poi" what would make sense (lucene did do this too).
> Regards
>   Jörg
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> iD8DBQFGJSAgmPuec2Dcv/8RAsU3AJ9dTh0Q1E7iiqnKrRriaq8MjHQe2wCgj+H7
> cm5icKwYfePhr10EafiM6Ww=
> =bMdG
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: poi-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> Mailing List:     http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#poi
> The Apache Jakarta Poi Project:  http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

To unsubscribe, e-mail: poi-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
Mailing List:    http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#poi
The Apache Jakarta POI Project: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

View raw message