poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re[2]: [VOTE] Release 3.0.1 RC2 as 3.0.1 FINAL
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:56:26 GMT
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> What about a readme for Maven users? If they have troubles with the poms
> they can follow the instructions.

I've done some checking, and it does look like the poms for 3.0.1 RC2 are
what maven wants. I've also discovered that the directory structure used
on people.apache.org to accept artifacts for the ibiblio sync is quite
different to the directory structure used after the sync. So, it's not
actually very easy for maven users to test with.

With that in mind, I'm tempted to say that we should just vote on the main
release artifacts as before (I'm pretty sure this was Andy's position
too?).

(At the same time as generating the release candidate artificats, also run
the ant task to spit out the maven poms. After the vote, you can upload
the maven poms along with the main voted on artificats, and copy the voted
on jars over for maven too. However, if the release manager doesn't want
to do maven stuff, anyone else can do later, since it's all based on
voted-on files)

Since we don't have to worry about maven stuff any more, shall we re-start
the vote? We're voting to release 3.0.1 RC2, as found in
	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.0.1-RC2/main/
as 3.0.1-FINAL. The vote now ends on Friday 23rd June

Nick