poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Oliver" <acoli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOXML branch and JDK 1.4
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:25:00 GMT
I'm still working with Microsoft on getting the verbiage we need to
expand patent coverage to "compatibility" and they've been very
cooperative.  The delay ATM is on my side, but I'm making progress (I
just wanted a legal review before I send my latest copy).  I'm -1 on a
production release of OOXML until then (but will obviously not
obstruct milestone releases etc).  I don't anticipate that it will be
much much longer.

1.4 is past EOL.  It is in the stage of "kind of dangerous" to keep
running.  They did put out the timezone patch for it, but I wouldn't
count on much more.

-Andy