poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Priyabrata Sahu -X (prsahu - TCS at Cisco)" <prs...@cisco.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2008 23:33:52 GMT
Hi,

I am using Apache POI API to read Microsoft Excel Files.

For some of the specific excel files, I am getting the following error.

java.io.IOException: Invalid header signature; read 7888090397404325948,
expected -2226271756974174256
at
org.apache.poi.poifs.storage.HeaderBlockReader.<init>(HeaderBlockReader.
java:88)
at
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.POIFSFileSystem.<init>(POIFSFileSystem.j
ava:83)

Any pointers will be helpful. Please let me know in case of any further
details about this problem.

Please let me know how to go about this kind of problem.

Thanks & Regards
Priyabrata Sahu
Cube : SJ10/3/G2-11
300 Eastman Drive