poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: improving layout of directories with test files
Date Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:04:58 GMT
> I agree with Nick - it's probably better to use ("spreadsheet",
> "slideshow", "document", ...) instead of ("hssf", "hslf", "hwpf", ...)
>
> I'd also like to suggest that the top level directory be named
> something to make it clearer that this data is for testing only.
> Perhaps "test-data".

Both comments make sense. I named the directory "test-data", it's current structure is as
follows:

yegor@yegornb ~/poi/test-data
$ ls
ddf      	//DDF.testdata.path
diagram  	//HFGF.testdata.path
document  	//HWPF.testdata.path
hpsf 		//HPSF.testdata.path
hsmf       	//HSMF.testdata.path
openxml4j	//combined openxml4j.testdata.input and openxml4j.compliance.input
poifs 		//POIFS.testdata.path
publisher	//HPBF.testdata.path
slideshow	//HSLF.testdata.path
spreadsheet	//HSSF.testdata.path

two directories became obsolete:
src/ooxml/testcases/org/apache/poi/xssf/data
src/ooxml/testcases/org/apache/poi/ooxml/data

I sorted out the files from them to spreadsheet, slideshow and document

The location of the test files is controlled by the POI.testdata.path system property, old
per-module properties are now
obsolete and have been removed.

Yegor