poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Jaroslav Snajdr" <jsna...@kerio.com>
Subject Parsing potx files - PowerPoint templates
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:01:15 GMT
Hello,

when trying to parse a PowerPoint template file (with a potx extension), using the AutoDetectParser,
POI library told me that it doesn't support document type

application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template.main+xml

Looking at the source of the org.apache.poi.extractor.ExtractorFactory.createExtractor method,
I see that PowerPoint templates are really not recognized as a known format. It's not the
case with Excel and Word documents though, where many more document type "variants" are supported.

I'm wondering what it would mean to add this support. Would it suffice to just add a new constant,
XSLFSlideShow.TEMPLATE_CONTENT_TYPE, and add a check into the createExtractor method?

Jarda Snajdr