poi-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Stern <stefan.st...@mind8.com>
Subject Usage of internal classes
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2009 09:04:28 GMT
Hello

There are some classes in POI code which make use of internal /
non-public JDK classes:

org.apache.poi.ooxml.signature.service.signer.AbstractXmlSignatureService
org.apache.poi.ooxml.signature.service.signer.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLSignatureService
org.apache.poi.ooxml.signature.service.signer.ooxml.CryptoFactoryFactory
org.apache.poi.xssf.extractor.XSSFImportFromXML

I have setup POI as an Eclipse project and compile it as a plugin where
I develop on the PPTX support, as announced some weeks before. Hope I
reach a state soon, where I can make a contribution.

Unfortunately, Eclipse will not import these classes by default and
brings up a compile error. This is not a big issue for me, as I can
override this easily. But the question, whether Sun JDK specific classes
which are not supported and which are marked as internal should be used,
could be worth a discussion on this list, I guess.

BTW, the "how to build" page describes some libraries, which are
required to build the project. This description does not go along with
the current build.xml files dependency loading task. The diff I see is:
('-' := removed; 'o' := version changed; '+' := additional jar)

- commons-collections.jar not needed any more
o commons-lang-2.4.jar is loaded instead of 1.0-b1
+ geronimo-stax-api_1.0_spec-1.0.jar
+ xmlsec-1.4.3.jar
+ bcprov-jdk15-140.jar
+ serializer-2.7.1.jar

At least these are the ones I could find. No guarantee for any
completeness. ;)

Thanks and kind regards,
Stefan Stern