poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@torchbox.com>
Subject Re: Parsing potx files - PowerPoint templates
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 12:48:18 GMT
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009, Jaroslav Snajdr wrote:
> when trying to parse a PowerPoint template file (with a potx extension),
> using the AutoDetectParser, POI library told me that it doesn't support
> document type
>
> application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.template.main+xml

Can you open a new bug on bugzilla, and upload as sample file? That way,
we'll have something to write a unit test against when we add the support

> Would it suffice to just add a new constant,
> XSLFSlideShow.TEMPLATE_CONTENT_TYPE, and add a check into the
> createExtractor method?

Possibly, it's certainly worth a try. It all depends on how much it
differs from the standard file format. If you do try it and it works,
please upload the patch for that too!

Thanks
Nick