poi-dev mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: SQL based data access for POI-HSSF and POI-XSSF
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 06:40:00 GMT

Have never used it but before committing too much effort to this endeavour -
https://xlsql.dev.java.net/

Touts itself as "xlSQL is a JDBC Driver for Excel ( CSV, XML and other )
document data sources. Documents can be read and written with SQL as if they
were tables in a database. In the case of Excel, xlSQL maps a directory with
Excel files to a database, workbooks to schemas, and sheets to tables. These
tables can be queried with the full SELECT syntax of either the HSQLDB or
MySQL (more to follow) SQL dialect. Native xlSQL is a rich subset of SQL for
creating, altering and populating documents ( spreadsheets ). The xlSQL Yn
codebase, although alpha, has been taken into production at numerous sites
worldwide. xlSQL has proven to be a very stable read-write SQL Excel JDBC
Driver. Continuous development efforts are aimed to explore the limits of
the XLS fileformat for storing relational data and to support other document
formats as CSV and XML. ".

Yours

Mark B