poi-dev mailing list archives

From MSB <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: SQL based data access for POI-HSSF and POI-XSSF
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:28:52 GMT

Ah, I understand a bit better now and applaud the endeavour. It just struck
me that using an existing JDBC bridge would allow you to 'forget' syntax
checking and the like and allow you to concentrate on what, I guess, will be
a GUI allowing the user to view field names and select them so as to
assemble the SQL command - assuming you are aiming at less experienced
users. In my mind's eye, I had an image of Access's Query Tool.

Yours

Mark B