poi-dev mailing list archives

From Anjana Fernando <laferna...@gmail.com>
Subject SQL based data access for POI-HSSF and POI-XSSF
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:26:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm hoping this is the correct list to ask this question. I was
wondering, if it will be useful if there is an SQL based method (JDBC
Driver) for querying data in Excel files using Apache POI. It can be a
subset of standard SQL, where mostly used operations such as SELECT,
INSERT, UPDATE etc .. can be run, and maybe also transaction support,
i.e. serializable isolation level. I'm willing to put in the work for
adding this functionality, if this is something worth doing .. hoping
for comments :) ..

Thanks,
Anjana.