poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Commons Math dependency?
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:35:30 GMT
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> Perhaps for now, the best is to copy the implementation of POISSON from
> Commons-Math to POI, but if we want to take more stuff I would seriously
> consider a jar dependency.

There's the fraction stuff too that I'm interested in. From the look of
your list of other functions, I think maybe a jar is the way to go

> I gave a quick look at what can be useful for POI. The left column is Excel
> function, the right column is Math's implementation.

* snip 13 functions *

Looks like we will probably fairly soon want the fraction stuff, and 14
stats functions. Based on everyone's investigations, that does look like
probably too large a group to maintain our own hacked, minimal copies
of...

Nick