poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <nick.bu...@alfresco.com>
Subject Re: Commons Math dependency?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:32:41 GMT
On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Yegor Kozlov wrote:
> It agrees with Excel, all unit tests in bug #49538 pass and I don't see
> why should use commons-math's implementation instead of writing a few
> lines of code.

Great news

> Nevertheless, I'm for including commons-math in POI dependencies if we
> need more stat distributions.

I'm tempted to say we'll add it as a dependency for 3.8, and that'll let
us do the extra stat functions + better number formatting (eg fractions).
Well, add it as a dependency as soon after 3.7 final as someone wants to
add the code that needs it anyway :)

Speaking of which, anyone mind if I roll another 3.7 beta release later
this week / early next week?

Nick