poi-dev mailing list archives

From Yegor Kozlov <yegor.koz...@dinom.ru>
Subject Re: one week's countdown to tagging 3.8-beta4
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:47:00 GMT

> Are you going to implement an autoSizeColumns method for SXSSFWorkbook? It
> would be very interesting, since most people need to deal with this issue in
> large XLSX files.

autoSizeColumn is implemented in trunk. Daily builds can be downloaded
form here:
http://encore.torchbox.com/poi-svn-build/

> Also it would be interesting if was implemented a way to read large XLSX
> using SXSSFWorkbook, using its sliding window to travel through the rows in
> large XLSX files with small memory footprint. Are you going to implement any
> of this?

You want to look at the XSSF event API that allows you to read XSLX
with small memory footprint.
http://poi.apache.org/spreadsheet/how-to.html#xssf_sax_api

Extending SXSSF to support reading with sliding window is not in my plans.

Yegor