poi-dev mailing list archives

From Eliot Kimber <drma...@gmail.com>
Subject Contributing to XSLF Code
Date Fri, 17 May 2013 21:13:42 GMT
I am trying to use the XSLF code to implement manipulation and generation
of PPTX presentations. I see that there are still some missing features and
bugs. I am more than happy to contribute to the code to fill in some of the
features I'm looking for. But I didn't want to start writing patches
without checking what was already under way.

My first task is to implement a PPTX "burster" that can produce a set of
single-slide presentations from an existing presentation. I see that this
task was discussed in the mailing list and some workaround code was
provided. But it seems like it would be better to simply make the base code
do the right thing in this case and I'd like to tackle that if it's not
already in the process of being addressed.

I will also want to implement the reverse of the burster: given a set of
single-slide slideshows, create a new slide show reflecting all the slides
and their dependencies.

I'm also working on code to generate new slides from a simple XML format
that represents generic slide show content (that is, something that is
relatively easy to generate from other stuff, like existing XML or
whatever).

Is there a documented roadmap or set of implementation tasks I can use to
guide my work or should I just dive in?

For my slide burster I was expecting a method like "importSlide" that would
take a slide from an existing slideshow and add it, and its dependencies,
to the importing slideshow. But it looks like that method doesn't exist.

That's as an alternative to copying the slide show, deleting all the slides
but the one you want, and then saving it, which seems a bit inefficient.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber