poi-dev mailing list archives

From kiwiwings <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Running tests before commit
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 15:29:43 GMT
I usually just run "ant clean test" and sometimes "ant forbbiden-apis-check".
When I've added new files, I usually execute "ant rat".

Of course, I also blush when my changes lead to failing builds, but
generally speaking, having a failing build is not a big issue for me -
either you can fix it in-time (1 or 2 days) or if it's a no-brainer somebody
will fix it for you.

As I did a lot of sonar fixes recently, I'd like to encourage you to have a
look at sonar [1] and fix issues when you already edit a certain class.
Even more comfortable is the sonar eclipse plugin [2] - it will highlight
the problematic lines.
Although the plugin doesn't seem to process the results of our sonar
instance, it will run a sonar check on it's own, when you click "SonarQube
-> Analyze" on the project.

Andi

[1] https://analysis.apache.org/dashboard/index/org.apache.poi:poi-parent
[2] http://docs.sonarqube.org/display/SONAR/Installing+SonarQube+in+Eclipse