poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Switch to maven?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 08:59:49 GMT
Hi,

if I could choose freely, I would use Gradle by now, Maven still confuses
me quite a lot. However also Gradle has quite a learning curve, so it would
force all committers and users to learn quite a lot, so all-in-all I am
also more inclined to keep the current build-system in place. My suggestion
towards ivy was to standardize a bit how we fetch and use 3rd party stuff
to make it similar to Maven and reduce some of the code in the build.xml

And note that the stuff in sonar/ only does the bare minimum to let Sonar
do the analysis, there is quite a bit more in the Ant build: rat-check,
findbugs, correctly packaging the jars, signing, forbidden-api-check,
integration-tests, proper ooxml-lite, generate-geometry, ...

Dominik.