poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Preventing corrupt workbooks
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 07:27:38 GMT
Hi Javen,

this is just a quick response, so you don't think this topic is going under ...

I would prefer not to validate the whole file on save - especially as there are still a few
areas where we can say for sure, if a modification corrupt the file - at least for HSLF.

Although I can imagine something similar can happen with HSLF too (e.g. removal
of used styles), I would further prefer not to generalize it, i.e. first do a breaking
modification and then hope, that the saving part will find it.

So I would go with option 3 in this case - if a user chooses to use non-validating modifications,
he would also need to test, that the written file is ok ... i.e. keep it simple stupid ...

Andi.