poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Developing POI with an IDE
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2017 19:03:22 GMT
I'm on Intellij, and y, first time set up with POI is a pain.

What's the best way to share my setup?

Lucene-solr has an ant-idea task that copies all .iml files and all files under .idea from
a "dev-tools" folder into their proper place.

  <target name="idea" depends="resolve" description="Setup IntelliJ IDEA configuration">
    <condition property="idea.jdk.is.set">
      <isset property="idea.jdk"/>
    </condition>
    <!-- Define ${idea.jdk} if it's not yet defined - otherwise literal "${idea.jdk}" is
substituted -->
    <property name="idea.jdk" value=""/>
    <!-- delete those files first, so they are regenerated by the filtering below
      (add more files with dynamic properties like versions here): -->
    <delete dir=".idea" includes="misc.xml workspace.xml"/>
    <!-- Copy files with filtering: -->
    <copy todir="." overwrite="false" encoding="UTF-8">
      <fileset dir="dev-tools/idea"/>
      <filterset begintoken="subst.=&quot;" endtoken="&quot;">
        <filter token="idea.jdk" value="${idea.jdk}"/>
      </filterset>
      <filterset>
        <filter token="version" value="${version}"/>
        <filter token="version.base" value="${version.base}"/>
      </filterset>
    </copy>
    <antcall target="-post-idea-instructions"/>
  </target>

  <target name="-post-idea-instructions" unless="idea.jdk.is.set">
    <echo>
To complete IntelliJ IDEA setup, you must manually configure
File | Project Structure | Project | Project SDK.

You won't have to do this in the future if you define property
$${idea.jdk}, e.g. in ~/lucene.build.properties, ~/build.properties
or lucene/build.properties, with a value consisting of the
following two XML attributes/values (adjust values according to
JDKs you have defined locally - see
File | Project Structure | Platform Settings | SDKs):

    idea.jdk = project-jdk-name="1.8" project-jdk-type="JavaSDK"
    </echo>
  </target>