poi-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XDDF implementation shared between XSSFChart and XSLFChart
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2017 03:00:40 GMT
You will also need to trace through the code to find the methods and
properties referenced indirectly, via reflection, unfortunately.  To avoid
code duplication, Vaadin chose to access some properties of chart types via
reflection where the properties are common to all charts, but not defined
in a common interface.  This is part of the legacy of the OOXML design,
since XML schemas don't have inheritance.  Good job finding my code without
my follow-through, and happy Father's Day!