poi-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with task:
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:32:08 GMT
Excellent!  One way to do it would be to submit patches or pull requests
[1] against the project that contain the new files and, if possible,
updates to the documentation web page sources [2] integrating the new
examples.

If you don't mind waiting longer for developers to review and integrate
changes you could just open a Bugzilla ticket [3] and attach examples
there.  That would rely more on a developer doing the work of integrating
the sample files in the project and documentation, which might take a
while, as we're all volunteers with families and day jobs.

I would suggest starting paralleling the existing Java examples [4].  They
can then be linked in parallel on the Examples web page [5] (currently only
spreadsheet examples), and extended to include links to the other examples
not currently referenced by the web site.  Those examples have been
developed over time in response to user questions and new functionality, so
they are a known good cross-section of POI use cases and components.

[1]  http://poi.apache.org/subversion.html
[2]  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/site/src/documentation/
[3]  https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=POI
[4]