poi-dev mailing list archives

From "pj.fanning" <fannin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Getting a fixed version of XMLBeans
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:58:30 GMT
I'm happy to work on e) if we do need committers.

My view is that we can move away from xmlbeans over time but that it is
useful to maintain it in the interim.

I don't know if we've formed an opinion on whether to continue with the
research into using JAXB but my gut feeling is that we will probably be
better moving away from Java Binding and to use lower level XML parsing and
writing code (big and all as this task is). The issue with supporting Strict
OOXML files would probably not be made any easier to solve if we used JAXB
(not that this issue seems to be causing to much bugzilla traffic).

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html