poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.0 release (RC1)
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2018 02:17:27 GMT
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 1, 2018, at 5:30 PM, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> thank you for checking the files.
>
> In the following, I use the tag "DIST" to refer to the artifacts uploaded to the dist
area and "MVN" for the artifacts uploaded to the nexus staging repo.

> @1. DIST/MVN: fixed for future releases - for itself, I wouldn't rebuild all the files
(but can be convinced to do so), but if I need to rebuild the files because of some other
major problem, the LICENSE file would be fixed then too ...

Check

> @2. DIST/MVN: the artifact is built by "ant compile-ooxml-xsds", I've fixed the build
to include the legal files and fixed the artifacts

I’ll verify and then VOTE

> @3a. DIST: I've fixed the typo in the release notes

Thanks.

> @3b. DIST: although the timestamp is in the name of the outer archive, I prefer to have
no timestamp in the embedded jar - there's no difference in the file coming from the global
maven repo and the one we provide in the prebuilt archive.
> I've fixed the reference to JDK 1.6 -> 1.8

Ok.

> @3c. DIST: I don't understand the point.
> The following works for me ... I don't see a problem with the prebuilt files:

Sorry I was not clear. The build.xml is commented and producing MD5 / SHA1. Likely this must
be until repository.apache.org is fixed.
> find . -name "*.sha256" -type f -execdir sha256sum -c {} \;
> find . -name "*.sha512" -type f -execdir sha512sum -c {} \;
> MVN: If you upload files manually to the nexus repo, the MD5 / SHA1 files are created
by nexus
> and because of INFRA-14923 SHA256/512 aren't allowed.

Maven and Infra are working on it.

>> It looks like the main build.xml was not used by the release manager due to MD5,
SHA1 being missing as the rules are changing for repository.apache.org.
> DIST: Although I've used the release-prep steps described in the release guide, I've
removed the MD5/SHA1 hashes and generated the SHA256/512 hashes manually and hopefully fixed
the build for the next release.

> Best wishes,
> Andi
>

>> On 9/1/18 11:54 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>> Hi -
>>
>> I have a few questions which are minor.
>>
>> (1) NOTICE has:
>> This product contains the Piccolo XML Parser for Java
>> (http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/). Copyright 2002 Yuval Oren.
>>
>> Was this eliminated?
>>
>> (2) In the maven ooxml-1.4 jars the LICENSE and NOTICE are missing from META-INF
>> I cannot figure out what builds this artifact. Please fix these and I’ll double
check.

>> (3) In the RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>> (a) Should this be POIFS?
>> - OPOIFS* classes removed / NPOIFS* classes renamed to OPOIFS*
>>
>> (b) These prebuilt artifacts do not have a date.
>> - pre-built binaries containing compiled versions of all Apache POI components and
documentation
>> (poi-bin-4.0.0-20180907.zip or poi-bin-4.0.0-20180907.tar.gz)
>> - source archive you can build POI from (poi-src-4.0.0-20180907.zip or poi-src-4.0.0-20180907.tar.gz)
>> Unpack the archive and use the following command to build all POI components with
Apache Ant 1.8+ and JDK 1.6 or higher: