poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Provide alpha releases via Apache repo
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2018 17:42:13 GMT
Hi -

Release Policy is such that publishing a snapshot to a public, open repository is not allowed.

See http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-definition <http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-definition>

If we want to produce Alpha and Beta then we will need to VOTE on these. Or, we can let our
users and dev know on the Mailing List where to find snapshots. We can put something in the
RELEASE NOTES and I think there is something on the website. We could add a note on how to
hack a user’s .m2 directory to put a SNAPSHOT into their maven builds.

Alternatively are we using GitBox so that the repos is on GitHub? If so then they can fork
on GitHub to test.

Regards,
Dave

> On Sep 7, 2018, at 7:34 AM, Andreas Beeker <kiwiwings@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I haven't even announced 4.0.0 yet and now we've already got two issues and both might
have been found earlier, if the trunk would be tested by a broader user base.

> Wouldn't it make sense, to modify the build to upload to the Apache repo and provide
a note on how to use it as an additional maven repo?